List Price: $264.00
Sale Price: $99.99
Today's Bonus: 62% Off
I wanted a bag that was big enough to carry 2 pro DSLR bodies (one with lens attached) and up to 4 lenses (long to wide). Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to find one in a store to touch and feel. I did find a large Lowepro bag that was too big. So I took the specs and compared it to many other bags. The Tenba Shootout Large seemed to work spec-wise so I went ahead and bought it. Size-wise, it is perfect...not too big but big enough to carry what I want. It's well constructed and versatile with many nice features.
My biggest complaint is the shoulder strap and I think Tenba really missed the mark on an important feature. After all, it called a SHOULDER BAG!! The padded portion slips and twists when the bag is loaded (ie., heavy). So now I'm using the shoulder strap off a Lowepro bag (a MUCH smaller bag with a better strap??), and it works great. The padded portion has enough padding and it doesn't slip on the strap. The Tenba also comes with a smaller strap intended for hand carrying. This is a nice feature but once again Tenba missed the mark. It's too long in certain situations. For example, you have the bag on your shoulder with the shoulder strap and you want to transfer the bag to your hand to set it on a table, the floor, or just carry it by your side. Being too long and NOT adjustable, transferring to the hand carry strap means having to lift way up with your arm just to release the tension on the shoulder strap to remove the bag from your shoulder. Not an easy task. Tenba should have made this strap adjustable.
But overall, it does get 4 stars because it does most of what I want it to do and it does those things very well.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
The actual name for this review should be something like 'Tenba 632-623 is God's Gift to Photographers'. I purchased this bag one late night after researching for hours, I desperately needed a camera bag that could do everything and hold everything I needed to get the job done. I hesitated because there was only one review for this bag. I figured, take the chance, if it's not what I want just return it. Right? Wrong. I can't see my life without this bag.To help convince you, here are some of the pros to this bag:
It's a large bag, a very large bag.
It's built like a tank for your cameras.
It has two quick action zippers, located on the left and right side of the bag, allowing you to easily grab your camera by unzipping from the side as opposed to opening the bag from the top, removed everything situated on top of the camera, then grab the camera. None of that here, just unzip and fire away.
It has two zippers on the left and right sides for storage. The left side can hold two handfulls of batteries in a designated area sewn onto the bag. Additionally, there's a folding pouch (that I use to store Nikon camara batteries). The right side has designated pockets and sewn in holders for memory cards. Additionally, there's also a pouch for memory cards (which I use to store memory cards on the go or hold macro screw on lenses). Both of these pouches can be removed from the bag.
It has a large front zipper which can be used to store business bards, flash mounts, microfiber cloths, a lens pen, etc (these are just some of the things it can hold.
The top part of the bag has two straps to lock the bag after zipping it. To open, unclip the straps, open the zipper, and then you find mass storage. In here, I can fit two Nikon DSLR's with large lenses. All the padding can be arranged.
The zippers are weatherproof, designed (I think) for water to stay out. These zippers are pretty neat actually, cause not even dust or small particles can fall between the individual crevices.
The bag comes complete with a WeatherWrap cover stored in its own compartment on the bottom of the bag. If you don't read the instructions that come with the bag, you might never know that this zipper exists. This bag comes in handy in the rain, or as a bag protector when you place your bag on the ground (or the snow). You can even hold it over your head if you don't want to get wet, but that's just pushing it.
The bottom of the bag also has straps to hold a tripod or some other piece of equipment (like umbrellas or stands).
Finally, you can place this bag on top of your rolling luggage by pulling apart the Velcro and sliding it down the expandable grip.
I almost forgot, there's an additional strap that can be used to move the bag without putting on the shoulder strap. This part was designed (I think) not to be on all the time because it's not loose enough to open and close the top zippers easily. When I'm out shooting I actually remove this strap.
Cons to the bag? That it might be too much of a bag for you.
If I haven't convinced you yet, then know that after I purchased this bag, I purchased one for my colleague (for his birthday gift) because he never stopped admiring mine. If that's still enough, I'm purchasing another one for my sister's birthday in three weeks. Exquisitektc.com.
Best Deals for Tenba Shootout™ Shoulder Bag - Large
Whatever you have to put in your bag, in the way of equipment,you will be able to find a well padded space.If you can't you can move all the inside deviders where ever you want them.It is pricey,but worth every penny the zippers are a little hard to work however there is a purpose for that as well.Someone smart built this bag,and it was made to last.Honest reviews on Tenba Shootout™ Shoulder Bag - Large
I recently purchased a Medium size Tenba shootout for my Canon DSLR gear. While I was able to cram a good amount of gear into that bag it didn't quite hold everything. I found a steal on a new large shootout bag and snatched it up. I plan on using the large bag for occasions when I need to have everything with me, and the medium bag for lighter day trips or hikes. Again love the materials, all metal hardware, fabrics are really nice inside and out, weather proof zippers will help keep rain and sand out. Really love the extra rain cover as well. The strap is much nicer on this bag (The medium bag strap is very short and thin) so I transferred it to my medium bag and purchased a Skooba strap with a bungee cord. Really helps absorb some of the extra heft in this bag. I hope to have these bags for a long long time and definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a quality bag.Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Tenba Shootout™ Shoulder Bag - Large
This bag is well made, has lots of padding placement options inside, and is large enough to fit a large range of equipment including a 70-200 f2.8 zoom. A spare camera body will fit easily, even with a laptop inside. I do not carry a laptop in mine, because of the way I carry my equipment, but could if I wanted to. The bag is quality nylon with strong weather sealed zips. The padding is thick and most of the padded dividers can attach to each other with velcro, which allows a useful choice of configuration options.The top flap is not 'quick release', it is zippered and also has two plastic buckles for extra security. There are zippered compartments at each end of the bag which allow access into the main compartment (or can be kept closed). A zippered external pouch sits on top of each, and there is one at the front. There is a wet weather cover which is kept in a compartment on the bottom of the bag, and there is also a pouch at the back of the bag where it sits on your hip (this area is padded).
This is a first class piece of equipment.
No comments:
Post a Comment