List Price: $26.99
Sale Price: $24.98
Today's Bonus: 7% Off
Originally bought the Lowepro Rezo 50 but quickly returned it for this sweet bag for a few major reasons.
First, I have a Panasonic ZS7 with the dimensions of 4.1"x1.3"x2.4" which translate into a perfectly snug fit inside the Apex 20 as opposed to any other Lowepro case of a larger design. If you have a camera as thick as mine inside, the other compartment in front will only fit something as thick as the included strap, extra battery, and extra SD card collectively. For me, that's more than enough so I'm a happy camper--literally.
The second big selling point of this bag is its "SlipLock" attachment belt tab on the back. It shares the feature with Rezo line of products in that you're not limited to putting a strap or belt through the belt loop. In fact, it can be unhinged with velcro on one side and attached to ANY secure strap or loop (i.e. straps and loops on a backpack) with confidence. That's because an extra flap of velcro folds over the strap perfectly securing it in place even if it's tugged or caught on something.
Finally, the advertised weather-cover is a neat little add-on that caught my eye for when I do go out into the backcountry. One caveat, though, is that it is not completely waterproof so don't trust the case to withstand torrential downpours for too long. The cover also doesn't fit very securely over the case when fully stuffed to its brim. Keep in mind the cover only covers the front too. Nonetheless, water does bead gently over the cover and the rest of the material the case is made of so it does have a useful, practical purpose.
For $15, this little bag is by far the most versatile camera bag I have been able to find and depending on your camera size and purpose, it gets the job done very well.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
This is a great little bag, soft interior, well padded,not too much extra space, the all weather cover hides cleverly away, and unlike the rezo, it does not have a random velcro flap covering the zipperI am using this for my panasonic lumix tz3 and it fits perfectly, I strongly recommend this case, and it could be helpful to compare your camera's dimentions to the tz3's, dont go too much bigger
Best Deals for Lowepro Apex 20 AW -Black
The other reviews have already gone into what a great case this is, build-wise and value-wise. I just wanted to add that this does in fact fit the Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 for any of you out there wondering.Honest reviews on Lowepro Apex 20 AW -Black
This is a very nice case. It is rugged, provides room for the camera and an extra battery and memory card. This is not the case for you if you want something slim that hugs the camera. It won't fit in your pocket, but it will protect the camera nicely.I have an Canon SD870 and despite LowePro's web site saying the Apex 10 was compatible, it wasn't. I couldn't get the camera to fit in the case (Apex 10) without really jamming it in there and there wasn't any room left over for the accessories. I returned it and ordered the Apex 20, and now I am much happier, although the case is slightly larger.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Lowepro Apex 20 AW -Black
The Lowepro Apex 20 AW is the best camera case I have owned, hands down. In fact, this is the second one I have purchased for a second camera. Very well designed and extremely functional.This time I am using the case for a new Panasonic DMC-ZS7 compact camera. Per other reviews, the fit is perfect, although there is not a lot of spare room. I am able to fit a battery and a couple of memory cards in the case, along with the camera. But really, that is all I need. I WANTED a snug fit to ensure the camera is protected.
What I like:
Extremely good construction, with great protection for the camera and solid stitching
Good quality zipper, with a bit of moisture protection
Very well designed belt attachment. The dual velcro system means the camera will never inadvertently come off the belt
Two separate compartments one for the camera, and one for gear with a covered pocket for memory cards and a nice spot for a battery
Orange on the inside to make the contents of the case easy to see
Integrated all-weather cover that remains out-of-side until you use it
To improve:
The all-weather case doesn't quite cover as much of the overall case as I would like, but would provide some rain protection in a pinch (minor)
The design of the rubber bottom means that I am constantly mixing up the top and bottom of the camera (minor)
Overall I am extremely happy with this case and would strongly recommend it to someone looking for a case for their digital camera. No regrets!
No comments:
Post a Comment