List Price: $99.99
Sale Price: $69.95
Today's Bonus: 30% Off
I really love this bag and it's making me think about spending more on a much larger version for my other gear like this one. That would be stupid because I have several different bags for different purposes... but this thing is just that good.
I bought this bag specifically for the days when I'm not bringing my DSLR around (a Canon EOS 5D Mk III with battery pack and a host of lenses requires so much more space). When I instead opt for my Mamiya C330 TLR or the Rolleicord III, this bag is perfection. The Mamiya C330 (which is a bit of a beast) fits snugly either upright or on its back. I prefer upright, which allows me to put a divider in that leaves just enough room for the Sekonic L-508 and a couple of rolls of 120 film. All interior sides are heavily padded for excellent protection from knocks. The side pockets are a nice drawstring style that allow some level of expansion. Each pocket is big enough to contain my Rollei 35 and a couple of rolls of 35mm film, if I'm so inclined. There is also a large pocket under the front flap that can hold quite a bit (mine currently is holding 7 rolls of 120 film and there's room for a little more), and the rear pocket is also big but might be best for smaller, flat items just because that's the side that will most likely be rubbing against you while you walk.
From a digital camera perspective, if you're looking to house a DSLR in here you're going to be best off with smaller ones, like the D-Rebel series. Fitting a D-Rebel with a mounted kit lens and a separate, mid-size consumer zoom in the main storage area will be about the maximum. If you shoot mainly pro glass like me, you're going to need a bigger bag than this unless all you're bringing is two small primes or short zooms. For example, if I was really pressed to do it for some reason, I could fit the 5D Mk III without a lens (the body itself with grip is too big to also have a lens attached inside the bag) and then maybe have enough room to add the 17-40L but not much else.
The material is thick and heavy duty. It's obvious that damaging it during the course of normal use will be nearly impossible, and in fact everything about it seems to have been designed to take abuse. Of course, time will tell. But at this point I'm not even slightly worried.
No comments:
Post a Comment