List Price: $49.99
Sale Price: $35.99
Today's Bonus: 28% Off
Just received it today .. very pleased with it so far. It appears to be well constructed no obvious flaws with the material, stitching, or the snaps. It fits around the sx50 perfectly too. I was concerned that it would be more of a "generic" design, but it does have somewhat of a "custom molded" fit. The leather is fairly firm, not exactly 'thick', but not paper-thin flimsy either. Somewhere in-between the thickness of a belt and a wallet. The color is a rich looking chocolate brown ... much nicer in person than pictured. Looks more expensive than it was! It comes with a leather camera strap too. That also appears well-made and matches the case perfectly. This is not a "dust-free" case though, in that there are gaps (roughly 1"x2") on the sides to allow for the strap, so there will be an opening. It should offer minimal protection from scratches and dings if the camera is banged around, but it's unlikely to protect it from a significant fall. Overall, it's a nice case, compliments the camera, and offers some peace of mind if you don't want to lug around a full-size, padded bag all the time. If it holds up and lasts for a while, I'll be more than happy with it.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
This case fits perfectly and protects your camera against the bumps of carrying your camera around. As noted in other reviews this is not dust or water proof since it has slots for the strap to go through. However it will protect your camera and your lens from everyday bumps and scratches. It has a metal screw that holds the bottom onto the camera by screwing into the tripod mount. This screw is threaded as well so you can still use the tripod with this case attached. You will need to remove this case to swap batteries and cards. Also depending on the design of your tripod mount you may not be able to keep it attached to the case because there is a snap to hold the top portion of the cover onto the bottom portion. These are all minor niggles since this case is priced right for a form fitting well designed everyday carry case for your sx50. The snaps are solid and hold the case together very well. The leather is a very firm top grain leather that is study enough to protect from minor drops and scratches. The lower portion of the case makes the camera feel better because it covers the grip which makes it larger. But I have large hands and I like the extra bulk, YMMV.Improvements that could be made?:
move the lower snap away from the tripod mount screw so I can keep my mount attached and still attach the top of the case.
Best Deals for MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Leather Camera Case, Bag for Canon
I wanted to protect the camera while I was wearing it and was tired of putting it into a camera bag. This works great! Fits the camera perfectly. The black looks very sleak. It comes with 2 pieces, one attaches to the camera body and can stay on permanently if you like. The cover wraps around the lens and snaps on and off very easy. I'm very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend it.Honest reviews on MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Leather Camera Case, Bag for Canon
This brown camera case was all that I hoped for. It's handsome, extremely well made of high quality leather, fits and protects the camera perfectly, removes quickly and easily when needed. Because the case is in two pieces, the top half can be partially or totally removed to, giving access to all the camera features except the battery/memory card compartment. I would agree with all the positive things other reviewers have said about this case, and disagree with all the negative comments. For those who considered the case too bulky or hard to deal with, I suspect they are the younger set who never knew what camera cases were like in their prime, in the '50s and '60s. Then cases were high quality, sturdy leather that were not only handsome but functional and very protective of the camera. Today one can find mostly only fabric or plastic or some other inferior material case that never really fits the camera well. So, I like the nostalgic look and feel and character of this case as well makes one look like an old pro. All this at an astoundingly low price for such a high quality item. Don't find that much these days. I'd recommend this case to anyone who demands high quality and excellent functionality at an excellent price.Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Leather Camera Case, Bag for Canon
Pros protects camera!Cons bulky and awkward
Uses we travel ALOT to many countries and throw our camera in a bag with little protection. We purchased this to give our camera a little more protection. I am happy we did! It may seem cumbersome and overkill, but if you travel and get in strange situations where you don't want to worry about your camera breaking this is a good buy.
At first the case seemed stiff, after a month it is now conforming nicely. I would imagine in a year the leather will be broken in perfectly! The quality of this product is high.
I would buy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment