Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Review of Pelican 1050 Micro-Case - Blue

Pelican 1050 Micro-Case  - Blue
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
List Price: $24.75
Sale Price: $21.95
Today's Bonus: 11% Off
Buy Now

I got this for my son after some of electronic toys were ruined in Iraq. The sand, rain and abuse in a duffel bag ruined his camera and Ipod. He had this with him when he went to Afghanistan. The conditions there were even worse, these little boxes are very sturdy and with the additional foam you can make it to fit your needs.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

In the past, I've owned a few el cheapo varsions of this item which cost 1/2-1/3 of the price (notably the style currently seen at some of the big box retailers). It is worth spending a little more $ to get the real thing. These boxes are fantastic at keeping your gear dry and protected. I had the closure on one of my boxes finally give out, but that was only after several years of service and abuse.

Best Deals for Pelican 1050 Micro-Case - Blue

I am extremely satisfied with a tip I recently saw under another customer's product picture: The Pelican 1010-026-100 Micro Case fits the Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera just perfectly!

Because of another review, I was a bit worried about the clear lid, which doesn't have extra protection inside, but the camera is very snug and secure in the case, it doesn't wiggle at all.

Now I am looking forward to my next air travel, when the camera is clearly visible for security personnel at the checkpoint, because overseas I often had to remove my cameras from their bags. This case should speed up the check-through significantly!

Honest reviews on Pelican 1050 Micro-Case - Blue

My use for the 1010 was to weatherproof an alarm keypad. I spray painted the inside, in order to hide the keypad from view. The assembly is mounted next to my garage side entry door, and is used to un-latch the door or the gate to the backyard (Via the automation controller).

Before starting the project, I contacted the manufacturer regarding possible long term UV damage; I was told that their enclosures have been used for years in similar outdoor applications.

The pad has been exposed to the elements for over five years without failure (There is some slight yellowing). An identical keypad mounted on the front porch, without the box, failed after 4 years.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Pelican 1050 Micro-Case - Blue

This box does what it's supposed to. It is large enough for my Galaxy phone, a point-and-shoot digital camera, a wallet, car keys, and a kayaking whistle. Sturdy.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment